Stones we carry
At Stone Galaxy we carry a wide variety of different types of stone, from natural granite and marble to professionally fabricated quartz. Every colour and size are available to you, making it easier for you to find that perfect surface to match your ideal design anywhere in your home. You can get a preview from any of our suppliers listed bellow, or you can come in and let us show you around.
Want to know more about your choices? Check the links below for some facts about the various stone types we offer!
SINGLE EDGE PROFILES
Single 1/4 Bevel
Single 1/4 Round
Single 3/4 Round
Single Ogee (Premium)
DOUBLE EDGE PROFILES
Double 1/4 Round
Double 1/4 Round Top & Bottom
Double Bevel Top & Bottom
Double Bevel Top
Double Bull Nose
Double Ogee (Premium)
Double 3/4 Round
Double With Apron
We manufacture all our products locally, so usually installation is within 2 weeks from templating.
The installation is always done by our experienced, bonded and insured installers at no extra charge. They are very particular and knowledgeable in their work. They will answer any question you might have about your new granite product
We believe in our products so much that all of our work comes with full warranty. At anytime we will visit your home for a touch up at no extra charge.
CARING FOR YOUR NEW SURFACE
Stone countertops are not only beautiful, but durable, long-lasting, and low maintenance. That doesn’t mean, however, that you should take them for granted. With just the basic care, you can have stunning surfaces that will last a lifetime.
The Dos and Don’ts of Stone Care:
- wipe up spills immediately, especially if they’re an acidic product (like juice, wine, vinegar, soda, etc).
- use warm water and a mild dish soap for everyday cleaning.
- when cleaning regular messes, make sure to dry the counter thoroughly.
- make sure any cleaner you use on your stone surface is pH neutral.
- put hot pots or pans directly on the stone surface; the rapid temperature change can cause cracks, chips, or discolouration.
- use abrasive scrubbing pads, as those will wear away the sealant applied to porous stone, making it more prone to staining.
- cut directly on your countertops; while granite and quartz are scratch resistant, they are not scratch-proof.
- use any kind of bleach containing product, as that will damage the sealant and potentially the stone itself.
- wax or polish the surface with anything but stone approved products; this can lead to build-ups and films that, overtime, make your stone surface look dull and foggy.
While everyday cleaning for your new stone surfaces is easy, for long term maintenance, we recommend investing in some properly formulated stone care products. Here at Stone Galaxy, we carry several AKEMI products, imported from Germany, specially designed to keep your stone surfaces looking their best for years to come. These range from simple wipes to full 3-stage protection sprays. For more information on what each can do, please see the list below. And if you have any questions, never hesitate to contact us; we’re happy to help!